Monday, June 28, 2010

In Case You Missed It: Kanye West "Power" BET Awards


Kanye gave a very passionate performance of "Power" his first official single off his heavily anticipated album "Good Ass Job" due out September 14th.  Standing on Top of a man-made mountain/ volcano ( whichever you prefer), with beautiful images streaming on the screen behind him he definitely made the statement "I'm Back" Around his neck a huge Chain of Horus and on his hand a huge Pyramid Ring.  I pulled these images and explanation straight from Kanye's Blog 




"Horus is one of the oldest and most significant deities in the Ancient Egyptian religion, who was worshipped from at least the late Predynastic period through to Greco-Roman times. Horus served many functions in the Egyptian pantheon, most notably being the god of the Sky, god of War and god of Protection." 

So of course the bloggers are going nuts trying to figure out if him wearing this jewelry is a sign or if there is a bigger meaning to this performance and song.  I will keep my inner opinions to myself, however I do believe that there is a deeper meaning and from what I can tell from the performance and song lyrics Kanye Wants Out.  The Beat is Crazy hot and the drums are straight boombastic!! Kanye is definitely trying to make some sort of statement I just hope he doesn't lose everything he's worked for in the process

Watch Below

No comments:

Post a Comment